GM Speedo Speed Sensor

peter paul fenske ffnsp955 at bcit.bc.ca
Thu May 21 17:10:21 GMT 1998

Hi MIke

Yep it can. Not 100% sure how. The hardware is configurable
to external 4 pole mag sensor, and 2 and 4 pulse digital
input. There is a control word for the hardware that lets you select
the input

As a kludge in one application I glued 4 magnets and
used a coil to PU the signal for the 730 ecm. So far so good

Also JTR sells a reed sensor which ties in line with the speedo
cable to generate the signal.

take care:peter