CDI - Oz Kits

Wayne Blair wayneb at foxboro.com.au
Thu May 21 23:50:14 GMT 1998

I've got on of the Dick Smith  CDI on the bench still in the shrink wrap
(forr over 6 months).The case unfortunately is about the size of 2 House
bricks as it is a simple single side board construction.
It is a complete redesign of a kit from many years ago. It was designed to
attempt to address all the early CDI 4stroke problems - crossfiring, short
duration etc. It can be used with the progammable ingition module -which
has a simple rpm to advance curve (2 maps I think can be stored and
switched between ideal for gas/petrol cars) and the is a vucum switch input
that provide some form of load sensing advance.
CDi kit is $100
The Dicksmith Catalogue is available in the June 1998 issue of Electoronic
Australia. Jaycar sell the same kits but as far as i know have no web
presence. Yesterday I had the new DSE Catalogue at work not here today.
Let me know if I find out more.

wayne