CDI's in Oz

Sandy sganz at wgn.net
Fri May 22 03:16:01 GMT 1998

Nothing wrong with CDI's it is just the ones that can step up to the plate
with a lot of power. A cheezy one will have too short a spark duration, and
that can casuse bad things. I'm not going to run a 25 dollar ignition with
my 8000 rpm motor, unless it is something that can send a lightning bolt
across the room ;-). Most cheep-e ones can put a lot of voltage at low rpm,
but that is about it. You need a good high voltage inverter and related
circuits to make it work well, an the ones that I have seen are pretty
lame.  Don't waste the time on someting that you can get bullet proof for
only a few dollars more, ie, some of the commercial stuff (MSD, Crane, M&W,
Accell). I have had all except the M&W, and will be getting one of thiers
soon. Sure their are junk commercial units, but they get a bad rap pretty
fast.

Sandy