ION and EGOR

Shannen Durphey shannen at mcn.net
Fri May 22 13:01:59 GMT 1998

Although I cannot say that GM does not use seperate mixture
control per bank, the main reason there are 4 sensors on
some OBDII vehicles is to measure converter effectiveness.
These vehicles use exhaust configurations which place the
converters before the Y pipe, and therefore need pre- and
post-cat sensors on both banks to satisfy the EPA.

Shannen