Ford V8 efi

Shannen Durphey shannen at mcn.net
Fri May 22 13:30:39 GMT 1998

Sandy wrote:

> I hope none of my chevy friends see this post, but I really like the 65-66
> Fastback, saw a bunch of GT-350 race a few months back, and they destroyed
> most of the field. I as very seriously looking into doing a fastback  with
> a 289. What is a good source of information on the older 'stangs, not the
> BAD BOY 5L ones that every kid has.  Things like suspension, and the like.
> The motor and related suff is not going to be a problem, but makeing it
> handle and stop might be another story.  Oh yes, to keep in the spirit of
> the list, it will be injected.
>
> Any thoughts, starting points?

I've got a friend that restores 65-67 mustangs and really
goes through them.  Latest is a GT350 copy with convertible
top and a few suspension mods.  I don't know all the
details, But I'll look into it for you when he gets back
from school.

Lessee....braces from shock towers to firewall, and between
towers, "negative camber wedge kit", stiffer sway bar and
front sway bar, disc brakes and power steering from
?Galaxie?. Smaller steering wheel.  Can't remember anything
else.

Shannen