Mystery PCM

Dupree, Robert A. rdupree at Sidley.com
Fri May 22 13:38:28 GMT 1998

Everyone I am trying to identify the PCM and subsequently year and model for
the engine that I bought.  After a conversation with fellow lister Ken, he
suggested that I post the available information to the list and see if
anyone out there can identify it.

The engine was sold to me as:  '95 Camaro LT-1 with 7,000 miles.  Iron
heads, nifty looking intake manifold and all electronics.  Supposedly an
emissions test vehicle motor

The PCM does have four big yellow male connectors on it, but it also has a
removable EPROM module in it.  Which as I understand it should not be.

So here is the info from the PCM:
		> Here is the info off of my ECU.
	>
	> SERV. NO. 16159278                  BDZL
	> 86BDZL M123001070
	> 16189611
	>
	> barcode
	> *86BDZLM123001070*
	>
	> Just for giggles I was looking at the back plate and pulled the
cover off.
	> The chip assembly inside was removable, which made me think this
might not
	> be a '95.  I noticed on the "EPROM Card" that there was a sticker
on top of
	> the EPROM with hand writing on it, much like we label our home
grown chips
	> on the Q'List.  So I popped the blue cover off and here it what
the sticker
	> says on it.
	>
	> 43F  AT
	> MOD TDM 001
	> 9/8/93
		(checkmark) EFCB

So all this makes me wonder.  Anyone out there care to help me identify this
engine and PCM combo?  I am looking for the serial number from the top of
the intake manifold as we speak.

Bob Dupree