ION and EGOR

Wayne Edelen wayne at clark.net
Fri May 22 14:35:46 GMT 1998

On Fri, 22 May 1998 kenkelly at lucent.com wrote:

> you don't have to look offshore. the 96 Chevy LT-1 in Camaro, firebird, and
> corvette uses 1 primary & one aftercat O2 sensor per exhaust manifold. I think
> they run seperate mixture control on each bank. It is a sequential injection
> with a seperate injector pulse for each cylinder.
>
> 		Ken

Yep.  '93-'95 LT1 F-Bodies (Z28s, Formulas, TAs) had 2 O2 sensors.  One
each side, precat. When the f-bodies jumped to dual cats in '96, they went
to four O2 sensors... again one each side, precat and then another on each
side, post cat(s).

I can't comment on the 'Vettes or the LT5 DOHC in the ZR-1.

Hope this helps.

----
Wayne Edelen - http://www.clark.net/pub/wayne
1996 Pontiac Firebird Formula  - Purple/Graphite
Heads, cam, exhaust, intake, gears, '95 computer