Mystery PCM

Wayne Edelen wayne at clark.net
Fri May 22 15:20:46 GMT 1998

On Fri, 22 May 1998, Dupree, Robert A. wrote:

> Everyone I am trying to identify the PCM and subsequently year and model for
> the engine that I bought.  After a conversation with fellow lister Ken, he
> suggested that I post the available information to the list and see if
> anyone out there can identify it.
>
> The engine was sold to me as:  '95 Camaro LT-1 with 7,000 miles.  Iron
> heads, nifty looking intake manifold and all electronics.  Supposedly an
> emissions test vehicle motor

Sounds like you got a B-Body (Caprice, Roadmaster, ImpalaSS) LT1.  The
F-Body (Z28, Formula, TA) and Y-Body (Vette) LT1s have aluminum heads.

[...]
> So all this makes me wonder.  Anyone out there care to help me identify this
> engine and PCM combo?  I am looking for the serial number from the top of
> the intake manifold as we speak.
>
> Bob Dupree

In '93, F-Body PCMs had a removable EPROM.  '94+ didn't.  However, with
iron heads, the engine is not an original F-Body LT1.  I have no idea WRT
the PCM.

Good luck and keep us posted!

----
Wayne Edelen - http://www.clark.net/pub/wayne
1996 Pontiac Firebird Formula  - Purple/Graphite
Heads, cam, exhaust, intake, gears, '95 computer