Chevy flywheels

Dan Zorde dzorde at soanar.com.au
Tue May 26 02:21:41 GMT 1998

Looking for advice on Chevy flywheels.  Currently running the small one with
standard Chev pressure plate and Supra turbo clutch plate (Supra 5-speed box).
 However, the clutch has severe traction problems in 3rd.  Now apart from the
obvious, that I need a heavy duty pressure plate and a better clutch plate,
there is a couple of questions:

1.  is there an advantage in going to the larger 11" Chev flywheel or is that
just extra weight ?
2.  I can possibly buy an 11" steel flywheel + starter motor (new) but 2nd hand
for around AU$250 (~US$155), is this a good deal ?
3.  How much can you lighten them (within limits) ?

Regards

Dan	dzorde at soanar.com.au