Closing the Mystery Engine Discussion

Dupree, Robert A. rdupree at Sidley.com
Tue May 26 20:55:46 GMT 1998

Sorry to have gotten off the original thread which was dealing with
defeating/fooling various parts of the PCM system.  In order to assist me
people as well as myself wanted to identify the actual components that I was
working with.

You guys seem to be "in the know" about all this stuff and are a good
technical reference.  However in light of annoying other listers I will keep
my dirt out of public viewing.

I anyone wants to know what the CAC has to say about when and where the
engine came from e-mail me.

Later
Bob D

		-----Original Message-----
		From:	lkurek at smtpgate.anl.gov
[mailto:lkurek at smtpgate.anl.gov]
		Sent:	Tuesday, May 26, 1998 3:28 PM
		To:	diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu
		Subject:	Re[2]: PCM Identified!  Now What About The
Engine...

		     Guys...

		     A couple of quick things here...

		     First, you HAVE to pull the valve covers and get some
casting numbers
		     and date codes. Also, you should get the block code off
the front of
		     the engine so you can cross reference it. You may have
a pieced
		     together setup where you may/may not have a 93 F-car
engine and you
		     may/may not have the correct heads and you may/may not
have a 5.7L
		     engine....but DO have a 93 harness/ECM. At least you
KNOW what the ECM
		     is from...

		     Second, while I personally enjoy this thread, *what*
does it have to
		     do with EFI? Yes, ID'ing the ECM etc was relevant, but
the discussion
		     on what years had what LT1 is getting pretty much off
topic....

		     TTYL!

		     Larry

		     PS...private E-mail me with codes and I'll see if I can
get you some
		     answers...