Crappy running TPI Engine...also, need stock runners

peter paul fenske ffnsp955 at bcit.bc.ca
Tue May 26 23:41:02 GMT 1998

Hi Scott et al

Sounds like the Maf gone to me.. Could be a faulty burnoff
relay too. Definitely should set a code.

I once defeated all the internal Maf checks just to see what
happens and actually had gasoline dripping outa the tail pipe..

Try disconnecting the MAF. Actually some of the
cars run quite nicely with the maf disconnected.
This will put the ecm into a default alph n mode
calculating air mass from tps and rpm

later:peter