CDI and programmable Ignition in Oz & EFI VW Motor

Danny Barrett danny_tb at postoffice.utas.edu.au
Wed May 27 17:09:42 GMT 1998

G'Day...
I've been told that there is a little "trick" involved for horizontally
opposed motors. It uses a pre-programmed IC, and it needs to be
reprogrammed. I've heard of a person who put one on his Harley Davidson, but
it didn't work, so the designer of the circuit made a re-programmed chip for
him, and since then, it worked fine. I'll have to see if I can find out who
the designer is. A friend of mine has been Emailing back and forward to him
for a while, so I'll see if I can find anything out there.

Danny Barrett.

PS: The current kit (from what I'm told) does not quite work like the older
ones that were around a whikle back. This is why it doesn't work that well
on the VW (until a re-programmed chip is installed), where the older ones do.