detonation sensor

steve ravet steve at sun4c409.imes.com
Thu May 28 17:35:27 GMT 1998

Slava wrote:

> I need information - what signal come from detonation sensor.
>
> May be you have these data or some graph.
>
> Slava.

Most knock sensors are essentially piezo-electric microphones.  Some filtering happens either in the ECM or in a circuit outside that detects a particular "knock signature" in the sensor output.  The
signature varies by engine type, maybe even mounting location.  There's been a lot of discussion of them in the past, search the archives for more info.

--steve

--
Steve Ravet
steve at imes.com