ION & EGOR Departing...NOT

garfield at pilgrimhouse.com garfield at pilgrimhouse.com
Thu May 28 17:22:14 GMT 1998

On Thu, 28 May 1998 01:40:29 -0700, garfield at pilgrimhouse.com wrote:

>I've decided like I have had to in the past on occasion, that this
>"pubic" list is too populated by assholes, and I'm gonna depart.

OK OK, no more sympathy cards in my inbox, please. I'm cooled off now,
and no way in hell am I gonna let the armchair drones keep me pissed for
very long; I just wish someone would start a private diy_efi list!, thas
all. Until that happens, I'm gonna hang, I guess, cuz the good part of
this group is way too valuable to let it go to the weeds, but man them
last couple posts REALLY pissed me off, especially the one where the guy
says I've "introduced a new failure mode". What a friggin idiot. I bet
that guy eats his oranges skin and all, cuz it's too much trouble taking
even the first layer of peeling off the fruit. Hee.

Like I said to someone in private this morning, I'm perfectly happy with
someone who wants to read along and enjoy the ride, but doesn't have
time/inclination to delve into the particulars, hey I do it on lots ot
threads here that I know very little about, but wanna pick up what I
can, and I would have also been perfectly fine if he'd ASKED a QUESTION
in his ignorance about what happens if the HV circuit is "open" for
lower voltages, cuz there's a real GOOD answer for that, but instead he
swaggers onto the stage and pretends to "know a thing or two" about
this, and "there's a real hard problem here with HV continuity" and he's
"certain that's why Saab did theirs the way they did". But THE thang
that really pushed me over the edge was the comment about "introducing a
new failure mode". Geez, what gross presumption.

I'll just say it once more with feeling, if you don't wanna pay even the
least attention to what's going on in the ION or EGOR threads, but you
feel as an "expert" on these matters anyway, that you're gonna set the
rest of us all straight with your hauteur lectures, then be prepared for
both barrels of the scattergun in you face, dude, up close and personal.

Questions from genuine interest or responsible comments, please I don't
want to hobble those by flaming some nitwit, but sheesh don't just shoot
your mouth off about something you haven't even invested a few mere
synapses on. It's embarrassing to the rest of us. B)

Gar

P.S. I am bound and determined NOW to make the disclosure and
distribution of "buildable" information on both ION and EGOR a private
and personal thing. No way in hell am I gonna post the thing out in the
open, and supply someOthese dorks and ingrate suck-ups with the fruits
of our labors and eXperiments. It annoys me somethin awful to think of
handing the designs of these things to someone that's done nuthin but
sling FUD at them when they were struggling outta the womb. Nough said;
you'll see what I mean, shortly. Hey, even Santa makes up his list! I'm
not bein snotty and exclusive, I'm just following Mr. Jolly's lead. B)