Coils for ION ... still a bust somewhat

Clare Snyder snyder at huron.net
Sat May 30 04:05:15 GMT 1998

garfield at pilgrimhouse.com wrote:

> On Fri, 29 May 1998 17:47:33 -0400, Clare Snyder <snyder at huron.net>
> wrote:
>
> >There are several different HEI coils. 1988 Caprice, GrandPrix and Monte
> >4.3 uses separated windings in the coil. So does the 87 4.3.
>
> I feel like a good howling session at the moon is in order. HOW are you
> determining that these coils above do indeed HAVE separate windings? Are
> you just going by the NUMBER of terminals, or are you looking at a
> schematic that depicts the internal winding connections inside the coil?

I be looking right at the schematic, Gar, and on all but the Caddy DFI
(EST distributor) and the 4.3 (EST), there is a definite connection
shown between the primary and the secondary. On these two babies it is
very clear in the schematic that they are not connected. It appears the
Caddy is in the dist, and the 4.3 is external. I am looking at Mitchell
Electronic Fuel Injection, Diagnosis and testing, 7th edition. If you
want I can scan the relevent pages and e-mail them to you directly, off
line.

--
                               _/\_
                    Reply to Clare at snyder.on.ca
                                OR
Remove the R from clsnyder in my E-Mail Address to reply. Stop the
spammers!!!
It's hard to soar like an eagle when your stuck with a bunch of
Turkeys!!!