Coils for ION ... still a bust somewhat

Raymond C Drouillard cosmic.ray at juno.com
Sat May 30 04:10:23 GMT 1998

On Fri, 29 May 1998 18:09:32 -0700 garfield at pilgrimhouse.com writes:

<snip>

>I feel like a good howling session at the moon is in order. HOW are you
>determining that these coils above do indeed HAVE separate windings? Are
>you just going by the NUMBER of terminals, or are you looking at a
>schematic that depicts the internal winding connections inside the
>coil?

<snip>

I think that what we have here is a case of messages crossing in the
mail.  Many people have mentioned specific four terminal coils.  While it
looks like they haven't been reading the messages before speaking up, it
might be a simpe case of not having received it yet.  Or, they might have
replied and came across the answer a few messages later.

>But one thang is sure. I ain't gonna meter that coil, not even ONE more
>time. Grumble. Whimper. Those HV diodes are lookin better by the second.
>
>Anyone so far been able to come up with a twin-output (i.e. wasteFire)
>coil that has decent primary connectors, instead of just spade terminal
>slots in it's underbelly?
>
>Gar

I may be overlooking something obvious... but what does Saab use?  Can we
go down to our friendly Saab dealer and buy the ignition coil that they
use with thier ION system?  Can the coil be bought seperately, or is it
part of a bigger assembly?

Ray Drouillard