Acoustic Knock

Silicon Challenged expert_not at hotmail.com
Sun May 31 17:20:27 GMT 1998

Once upon a time, there was a reference to a DSP for an acoustic knock
detecter - by TI I believe.  Would anyone have any reference to this or
a copy?  Would shure appreciate it.  Need knock detection bad and a GM
knock sensor will work on the engine. Thanks.

BTW, for my project(s) will use knock detection in the classic GM
scheme, which is to optimize by bouncing spark advance off knocking from
the safe side.  It works for Buick GN's at 30 lbs boost so it can't be
all bad.  REPEAT - IT WORKS - maybe not mathematically optimal or
dweebishly delightfully - but good enough for GM and a 100,000 mile
warrenty.

This is at least doable without exotica unobtainium or a cylinder
pressure analyzer and probably working in the next few days -
particularly if I can get the DSP stuff to really clean up the signal.
I try to remember - it isn't whats "best" or "optimal" that counts, only
what that works.

Still looking forward to ION working someday - but she's knocking today
and I really don't want to convert to Saabs Coil Pack.
Habeneros - not just for breakfast anymore!!