TPS resistence

Tedscj at aol.com Tedscj at aol.com
Mon Nov 2 23:42:43 GMT 1998

Hi,
I'm new to the list and I already have a question!

THe question is : what resistence should a GM tps read at full throttle
(turned @ 90 degrees)?

The reason I ask is that I spent the whole afternoon trying to adapt and
adjust a GM TPS to my throttle-body.  The manual I have says it should read
between .45 and .85 volts at idle.  The problem I had was I couldnt get it in
that range.  I would move it slightly but it would jump from .2v to 1.0v.
Also, It would read a different voltage every time the throttle came to its
stop.  Finally, I got it to read .55v, but when I gave it full throttle (90
degrees) it only read 1.98v instead of 4.5 - 5 v!
Anyway, before I throw this TPS out and buy another one I want to be sure its
not my wiring, ECM, rig, etc. by measuring the resistence directly at the
TPS(and not volts thru the ECM)
Thanks for any help,
Ted

PS  Its a GM throttle shaft driven TPS (not the lever type) if that makes a
difference.