weird question I think

JTesta1966 at aol.com JTesta1966 at aol.com
Tue Nov 3 14:26:20 GMT 1998

Is there an inexpensive way to make a PC simulate a chip, say a prom reader
that passes through a PC on the way to the ECM. You load the rom code into the
PC, and the PC simulates a prom., that you could modify parameters to see what
they do in real time, then when you get something you like, save the profile
and burn it back at the shop? I guess this is kind of like DFi with out the
DFI? You know what I'm asking? Cuz I'm no programmer, and would LIKE to learn,
just not guessing on a value and burning a new chip every 10 minutes just to
see what a mod will do.

Jim