[Fwd: [M] [M} IC Thermodynamics]- Part 3

soren soren at rio.com
Wed Nov 4 02:30:48 GMT 1998

>Obviuosly, an Air to Air unit MUST be placed where it can get good air
>flow.
>
>Obviously, the liquid to air rejection unit must be placed where it can
>get
>EVEN MORE air flow.
>
>More to come later.

    It sounds like you have this whole thing thought out very well, so I
hestitate to make my meager suggestion.  A friend of mine who owns an Isuzu
Impulse (which has a top-mounted intercooler) has rigged up a device to
spray ice water onto the IC.  There is a switch mounted on the shifter used
to energize the pump when he is deep into the boost; he says there is a
noticeable difference in power when using it (probably due to less pinging),
especially going uphill.
    Obviously this solution doesn't work too well for long-distance driving,
but at the dragstrip or at a hillclimb it seems to be an economical solution
to the low airflow problem.

Soren