weird question I think

JTesta1966 at aol.com JTesta1966 at aol.com
Wed Nov 4 14:02:43 GMT 1998

In a message dated 11/3/98 10:23:44 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rah at horizon.hit.net writes:

<< They would not save any time.  If you actually knew enough about the
 car to make an accurate simluator of the entire engine, then you know
 enough to get pretty close to it the first time.  The guy that burned
 my prom got it pretty close in 4 tries.  Considering that I can
 replace the prom in  about 5 minutes and burn it in about 5 minutes,
 with the car testing probably you could get it down to less than 30
 minutes a version.  That is with practice.

Well, unfortunatly for my I know d*ck about prom programming. Thats why I'm
here. I want to sdit behind the lines and learn. Only prob is most of the info
passed is already over my head. And there apparenntly arent any "kid rated"
sites/books to learn. I do NOT know assembler which makes it all worse. I can
get software from a friend of mine, (its DOS based, but does the hex
conversions by itself) but it only does 86-7 Grand nationals and I dont want
to be limited to them only. I've downloaded some prom images, but they dont
mean anything to me since other than knowing EFI from a driveability point of
view, I dont know what could be changed and the consequences of changing it.
If I'm making sense. Anyone wanna hold my hand and teach me?? :-P

Jim