[Fwd: [M] [M} IC Thermodynamics]- Part 3

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Wed Nov 4 14:05:32 GMT 1998

-> into the turbo (cooling effect) or to inject propane into the turbo.
-> The propane gives a cooling effect, and it's octane rating is 120+.
-> PLEASE NOTE! This was done on a Bonneville salt flats race car. I
-> CANNOT EMPHASIZE ENOUGH. DO NOT DO THIS ON THE STREET!!! PROPANE IS
-> EXPLOSIVE, AND A SERIOUS EXPLOSION CAN OCCUR.

 Propane is not an explosive, and feeding it ahead of the turbo won't
hurt a thing.  Lots of Diesels do just that as a power booster, and
then there are all those cars (and a few motorcycles, like the semi-
factory ATP Kawasakis) with carburetors upstream of the turbo.  Now
under certain circumstances you could generate a truly impressive
backfire, but that's not the same as an explosion.

 I just love gratuitous safety slobber.  Shoelaces!  Did you know if
your shoelace came untied, you could trip and fall, and your head would
split open like a rotten cantaloupe because you weren't wearing a crash
helmet?!  Shoelaces are only for the use of trained professionals...

==dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us======================================
I've got a secret / I've been hiding / under my skin / | Who are you?
my heart is human / my blood is boiling / my brain IBM |   who, who?