Anyone done an Aircooled EFI system?

Ronald T. Webb rwebb at ptialaska.net
Thu Nov 5 20:03:49 GMT 1998

Greetings

My approach to an air cooled fuel injection system was to use a water
cooled system, and a device to translate the cylinder head temperature to
the levels one would expect in a water jacket.

My simple circuit translates the output of a K type thermocouple to a
varying resistance (switches in one of 3 fixed resistors) one for "Hot" one
for "normal" and one for "cold".

Works OK on a 2 stroke air cooled engine.

I used an EFI system off a snowmobile (open loop TPS, Temp, RPM, and
Atmospheric Pressure sensors- very simple)

">Got Porsche 914 (Really a vw engine) that I am looking to do multiport
injection on.  Anyone done such a thing?