HEI Coil Wires

The Thibodeaus vettenuts at efortress.com
Fri Nov 6 00:22:38 GMT 1998

I apologize if this is a little off subject, but does anyone know the
difference (if there is one) between an HEI coil with red and white wires
and one with red and yellow wires?  I received my new MSD coil tonight and
the wires do not match the car wires.  Referring to sales brochures, they
all seem to list two coils (red & yellow and red & white).  One
advertisement even states to insure that you order the correct one.  Anyone
know if there is in fact any difference.  PS:  MSD states they are the same!

Bob T