multiple ECU/EFI q?

Tom Sharpe twsharpe at mtco.com
Sat Nov 7 05:26:11 GMT 1998

Clive Apps Techno-Logicals 416 510 0020 wrote:

> I have a 16 valve 4 cyl DOHC with 8 ex and 8 intake ports
> I want to set this up with a split personality

Last month's hot rod had aftermarket 4 valve heads for the SBC that were street
oriented. They created an engine with tremendous torque and HP in the street RPM
range and above, with a mild cam and "normal" ports/exhaust, etc. The heads seemed
to be worth 150 + HP and FT/LBS. Two valve race engines were able to make more
power at higher RPM, as the max flow of the 4 valve heads was about the same, but
there was no comparison at all at 4000 RPM.

I suggest that you forget the split personality and go for the smooth torque
Northstar approach,  I love my Aurora.

If you're really a glutton for punishment, get the computer, etc from a ZR1
Corvette.......

regards  Tom