PIC Questions

Tom Sharpe twsharpe at mtco.com
Sat Nov 7 05:50:44 GMT 1998

Bruce Bowling wrote:

> > LCD Display (probabally 4 bit interface)
> > RS232 Interface
> > 16 Outputs (via 2 74HC595's)
> > 8 Inputs (via 74HC165)
> > Input for a rotary encoder (2 inputs)
> > 2K of  Data Storage User Programmable
> > (Maybe 93C86 or 24C16 Serial EEPROM)
> >

> Try the PIC16C74A, it has 4K ROM (OTP), 192 bytes RAM, 33 I/O channels
> (each w/ 25 ma source/sink), 2 input capture, USART/IIC/SPI, and
> is 20 MHz.
>
> - Bruce

PIC Group,

I was looking thru the Tech America sale flyer and I saw a cheap device, probably
a PIC, that would turn a PC into a 'scope, sampling (at 71hz ?) and playing back
thru the parallel port. How about someone building one so that we can sample the
O2 sensor and MAP from a running efi system. I think it would be teriffic for the
332 project (or has someone already done that?). I would like to see the trace of
the O2 sensor to determine if you can see each exhaust pulse, and if so, what
pieces (formula?) to monitor to determine AFR.

The same for the MAP sensor... can you see the valves open and close??? Some have
to restrict the map sensor line to get the engine to run correctly.....
especially with a radical camshaft.. What reading do we use for the EFI????

Regards  Tom

PS If anyone has any real data, please send it to me..