Ox sender actual function

<GJC> Cutlass IROC-SS gjcouse at francomm.com
Sun Nov 8 17:47:49 GMT 1998

I belong to many list, this being one as I'm converting a 403 and 455 Olds
to EFI. In fact will be converting many. I don't profess to have even the
slightest understanding of the individual components functions, tests,
values, or outputs. I hire long distance others to deal with the conversion
processes.

However, I believe here I once not to long ago heard someone mention that an
Oxygen sender in fact does not sense Oxygen as that would require higher
heat than present in most exhausts. That actually the sender senses carbon
particulate mater. What are the facts...

I'm still looking for suggestions on the conversion of Olds engines to EFI.
I did receive a suggestion to view Force Fuel Injection. Have done so and
product is similar bur not a dual rail/injector system. Primary for all
around function and the second for top end/WOT richening. At $2,900 per self
supplied manifold conversion with only single rail injection, the price
isn't justifiable for say 500+ units per year. No I haven't contacted Force
directly but I do believe I can build the jugs for injector  bung
drilling/insertion. Probably can reproduce the setup in house at better than
1/2 that cost. Including the Accel computer...
So, anyone in the NY area want a few days work helping me set this up?
Intend test bed will be the prototype Quincy. Will probably be ready to set
up intake  mass conversion processes in late Feb. However would like to
convert an Eledbrock Torker, (or other single plane if one is thought
better), for testing with complete system by mid January. Please respond any
suggestions/offerings to my below e-mail as I'm in digest mode and don't
always get the time to scan them daily...]

-----Regards,

Gary J. Couse
Couse Customs
 Purling, N.Y.