AFR

Geoff & Sue Richards geoffsue at one.net.au
Mon Nov 9 10:02:20 GMT 1998

>Just nothing lasts forever.  Trying to survive in an exhuast stream
>is a terribly rough life.  With the impurities in the fuel, atmospheric
>conditions, you would be hard pressed to invision every possible
>contamient.
Yeah understood,
just thought that 500 hrs wasn't real long for
expensive tool

>>Are O2 readings good enough indication of how engine is running?
>
>If you talking about a oem 1-2-3-4 wire one, you'll eventually melt a motor
>down.  Things are worth doing right, or not bothering with at all.  If ya
>wanna get by with playing games, fine, but there are
>penalties for cutting corners.

Sorry, I shoulda been more specific
My main interest at the moment is learning how the different components
work together,what happens when this changes etc
So I am just WATCHIN' via scan tool on standard systems so I can learn
what ta read when customer says flat spot etc only happens once every
blue moon
Changin' parameters is way over my head at the moment,if and when
I get there I will do things right as you suggest
but for now I'll just lurk inside my ECU  ;-)
Thanks
Geoff