1982 ECM Rom type????????

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Mon Nov 9 10:02:23 GMT 1998

Jake Sternberg <chickens at ccwf.cc.utexas.edu> wrote:
> I have everything from a 1982 camaro with crossfire injection.
>
> Neither of these chips will give me anything in my ROM burner.
> I have a MCT rom burner only about a few years old, and it's set
> to 2732 ROMs.  I tried 2716 and 2764 but got the same result:
> all FFs as though there were no chip plugged in.

It's not an EPROM.  It's a 1Kbyte non-eraseable bipolar (fuse type)
PROM.  The pinout is on my web site:

  http://www.cruzers.com/~ludis/c3pinouts.html#16006630

You can read (but not program) it with your ROM burner by bending out
pin 18, jumpering pin 18 over to pin 24, and setting your burner for a
2732.  The 1K bytes will appear in middle of the 4K bytes read out by
the burner.