One more thing

Darren Ginter dsginter at oakland.edu
Wed Nov 11 05:02:14 GMT 1998

Good luck getting into anything run by major auto companies.  I currently
live in automotive mecca (I attend a college that is a couple hundred feet
from Chrysler world headquarters, among many others) so most of my day to
day stuff involves talking with the auto guys (just got back from the VW
dinner meeting).

Basically, everything is pretty automated and requires little human
resource.  The few people that do get to work on this kind of stuff have
very good connections.

The computer will play a larger role in the future auto but mechanical
engineering is not the right thing to be studying if you want in on this
(try CE or CS).

Darren