TRACTION CONTROL

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Thu Nov 12 00:31:38 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Stuart Bunning <stuart at kenelec.com.au>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Wednesday, November 11, 1998 6:27 PM
Subject: TRACTION CONTROL

My "idea" was using a sudden change in VSS.  Ran some 555's for generating
pulses on +and - transititions, to charge two caps.  Then a voltage divide
by 10.  To drop the power I did stage one at losing every 7th ignition
pulse. then very 5th, then 3rd.Problem with my design was totally dependent
on temp to work.
  Also tried using a MSD Multistep-Retard to back the timing up has three
stages, and you can add them together.

>I am wanting to do a DIY traction control.
>Does anyone know if OEM systems use ABS/apply brakes or >retard timing in
the event of lost traction..
>If it was retard timing maybe simulating a KNOCK would be a easy >way to
reduce power and get traction back. The only problem i >would see here is
how quickly doesn the ECU ( 808/165 ) give me >back full timing once a knock
has gone away.

The decay rate is in the memcal, as well as the timing limits.

Best idea I've seen is incorporating a front wheel speed sensor,
and comparing it to the rears, or driveshaft.
Bruce

 stuart at kenelec.com.au