TRACTION CONTROL

soren soren at rio.com
Thu Nov 12 01:15:09 GMT 1998

>I am wanting to do a DIY traction control.
>
>Does anyone know if OEM systems use ABS/apply brakes or retard timing in
the
>event of lost traction..

    There are examples of systems that use both techniques.  Some
supercharged GM vehicles open up the boost control solenoid to decrease
power in the event of traction loss.  However, I see no reason why you would
want to encumber your car with either ABS or traction control; a
knowledgeable driver with decent reflexes can usually outperform either
system.

Soren