setting ignition curves without dyno

Greg Hermann bearbvd at sni.net
Thu Nov 12 02:07:55 GMT 1998

>How about this idea..............actually build a dyno into your car.  A
>company called Land & Sea offer a product called "DYNOmite" which
>nonintrusively measures driveshaft torque and computes a host of parameters,
>including HP.    With such a product, every run on the street or track can
>be a dyno session.  I've been contemplating doing this to my project for
>awhile.
>
>Land & Sea is on the Web, and they are also at 1-603-329-5645.  I'd
>personally be interested in hearing from anyone who has tried this, or knows
>of anyone who has tried this.
>
>Thanks.

Not tried either it or the following described idea, but had been
contemplating doing as follows--mount a fore and aft oriented accelerometer
in the vehicle and include its output in a datalogging setup. A fuel used
pulse (or whatever sort of computed integration of fuel used) output from
the ecu could also be a very helpful thing to datalog in this regard.

---Greg