TRACTION CONTROL

Scott Knight sknight at mich.com
Thu Nov 12 12:01:12 GMT 1998

Just a question about cutting the fuel at WOT:  Couldn't that be very
very bad for a high cylinder pressure engine?  I know my race engines
when just a little lean will start to pit the pistons very quickly and a
supercharged car will just sneeze.  I've seen many Winston Cup cars come
in puffing after they mis-calculate their mileage or get a little
greedy.  Maybe that is a totally different situation than taking off
from a standing start, but it just makes me uneasy running an engine
lean under full throttle.  Does the fact that you are talking about
shutting the fuel completely off for those durations mean that no
residual fuel will be left over from a previous cycle to give it a lean
condition?  Ease my mind please.
Scott Knight  mailto:sknight at mich.com
http://www.mich.com/~sknight IRC:SS396man ICQ:8353618
'95 Black Impala SS