TRACTION CONTROL

Tom Sharpe twsharpe at mtco.com
Thu Nov 12 15:09:48 GMT 1998

Jeremy Bartlett wrote:

> Stuart Bunning wrote:
>
> > I am wanting to do a DIY traction control.  Does anyone know if OEM systems
> > use ABS/apply brakes
>
> yes.
>
> Jeremy

There is a mechanical "shock absorber" that "T"s into the front (or rear) brake
lines that is supposed to work if you believe the sales literature. The stopping
results are impressive, beating GM electronlc antilock easily. It's >$200 so I
didn't install one on my Cobra, but I have trouble locking the brakes anyway. The
Idea has merit... somebody should try it, after all, brakes are a mechanical
device.....

regards  Tom

PS.  It was in JC Whitney, Jegs, Summit, Speedway, or a car builder magazine but
I don't remember.