EFI Please????

Greg Hermann bearbvd at sni.net
Thu Nov 12 15:28:54 GMT 1998

>> Toyota engines on the other hand can take 225% of the stock power on bone
>> stock internals, easily. I do not know many makes that can claim the same.
>
> I am putting over twice the rated HP through my Buick V-6. Others are
>doing it X 3. My car is one of the slow ones. <grin>

So the Toy engineers have not let their bean counters get at the next
75%!--Sorry but I am not impressed. If you want to talk about overbuilt
engines, lets talk about Harvesters or Cummins or that old 302 CID GMC
in-line six, or even Hudson Hornets or Packards!! 225% would be just
another day at the office for any of these!!

Where Toys are impressive is in their consistency--they are usually without
the two or three weak links that are only good for 95% of stock!!

>From a technical standpoint, designing something to a 125% safety factor is
FAR more of an engineering challenge--that is, if you do not want a lot of
them returned by customers throwing them at you through your front window!!
So go figure!

Regards, Greg