EFI Please????

Greg Hermann bearbvd at sni.net
Fri Nov 13 05:38:12 GMT 1998

>Well to be somewhat fair you might also consider the specific
>output of each motor in stock form. I don't have to use as big a
>multiplier over stock when my starting point is 75HP/liter than
>when it's 50HP/liter.

And here I thought I would get to slide that one by!! Who said I had to
play fair??

Except for one engine, there will always
>be some other engine more overbuilt than yours. So what? Unless
>you're on the ragged edge of blowing it up, the extra weight's
>likely slowing you down. Personally I'm impressed by tractor pull
>tractors running what, 75-100psi of boost? But that's just me.

Think they might be up to 135 or even 150 psi GAUGE with the three stagers.
I think Bruce would tell you that Doc likes 'em too! My question is whether
Doc is putting all of the amyl nitrate into the fuel, or some of it (also
known as "poppers" in his nose?? :-)

>> > From a technical standpoint, designing something to a 125% safety factor is
>> > FAR more of an engineering challenge--that is, if you do not want a lot of
>
>And Honda is really good at this; and in the long run it is a
>win to go this way.

And I had real fun beating them up in a lawsuit once, not over building the
part wrong, but over their choice of design criteria--pointed out that for
a couple of bucks a unit, they could have built it to a stouter criteria,
and the spindle wouldn't have broken under the exceptional loading that
happened, and that the person wouldn't have gotten hurt if it hadn't a
broke--and they settled pretty quickly!!

Regards, Greg