Torque Converter Lock-Ups

Gary Derian gderian at cybergate.net
Fri Nov 13 14:42:27 GMT 1998

Early Ford lockup trannys used a centrifugal setup with no electronic
control.  It mostly worked OK except when the brakes were slammed on when
driving on ice and snow.  The clutches would not unlock fast enough and
stalled the engine which lost power steering and brakes.

Gary Derian <gderian at cybergate.net>