setting ignition curves without dyno

Clarence L.Snyder clare.snyder.on.ca at ibm.net
Sat Nov 14 18:20:47 GMT 1998

Bruce Plecan wrote:
>   I also think tuning in bad weather is good since you learn more
> about corrections.
>   I while I find the loaded dyno interesting, it's to me it still no better
> than real world testing.
> Cheers
> Bruce

The advantage, as I see it, is you are never far from your tools, jets,
specs, etc, and it sure takes a lot less time than driving to your
"proving grounds" for every check - and taking a chance on Johny Law
catching you at the high end of your run if you attempt to do it on
public roads, however secluded.
Sure, there are variables you have to deal with. Always will be in this
imperfect world. The repeatability of the tests on a rolling road just
cannot be equalled elsewhere - and you can take that to the bank.
Anyone planning on doing this on a "commercial" basis, meaning on a
regular basis, would find the rolling road well worth while.