Fuel pressure / Flow rate formula

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Sat Nov 14 18:28:33 GMT 1998

-> That's a pretty blatant statement isn't it?  Are you saying that if I
-> go over 40 psi it will fail, period?  Everything I've read suggests
-> that an injector will still work up to 120 psi, but that you should
-> set as a maximum around 90 psi.  At 70, it will still work just fine.

 When jgd was posting results from his injector tester some years ago he
said most injectors would run up to 75psi or so before they started
getting the dribbles at short pulsewidths, but the pressure/flow ratio
was nonlinear and there was little to be gained by pushing most past 60
or so.  But that was '94, and most of those were probably old type
pintle valve injectors.  Some of the newer designs may be able to hold
significantly more pressure, particularly the rotary disc types.

==dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us======================================
I've got a secret / I've been hiding / under my skin / | Who are you?
my heart is human / my blood is boiling / my brain IBM |   who, who?