Timing...

David A. Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Sat Nov 14 23:01:13 GMT 1998

At 05:45 PM 11/14/98 -0500, you wrote:

>Just quessing but some ideas are
>The O2 when mounted behind the radiator in cool weather tends
>   to cool too much might be a strat to keep it warmer.

The O2 on mine is behind the engine (Between the engine and passenger
compartment).

>Is most the EGR porting (or exhaust port pick-up) around there.
>Wouldn't be surprised to hear it's engine balance related.

The EGR pick-up port is on the exhaust crossover between the front and rear
banks.

>What kind of timing does it run at light cruise/WOT?.

Light cruise I've seen it running between 35 and 40 degrees advance...
Under WOT with 93 octane it seems to run about 20-30 degrees depending on RPM.

>You might try splitting the difference, and see what goes.  But, unless
>there is a noticeable improvement, I'd leave it there.
>Cheers
>Bruce
>This "retard" is always present?.

Yep... It's a table called "Individual Cylinder Spark Modification Table"

And I goofed... The front 3 are Advanced by the amounts I stated earlier...

Thanks,
Dave

           David Cooley N5XMT           Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
       I am Pentium of Borg...division is futile...you will be approximated.