Question for Oz members..1.8 Nissan Turbo

Bill the arcstarter arcstarter at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 15 01:54:08 GMT 1998

DemonTSi at aol.com wrote:

>>:)   Motor mounts aren't that big a deal since you'd have to
>fabricate
>something for the swap...so the main concern is the tranny bolt
pattern. I
>used to think that the block was the one piece that would remain
constant
>whether the engine be FWD or RWD...but my friend has both a FWD and RWD
SR20DE
>and informed me that they are in fact different...so it might not be
possible
>to use a FWD CA18DE in a RWD car with the RWD tranny...or it might. I
was
>hoping someone would have a definitive answer...!

This is indeed the case for the SR20DE FWD vs RWD.  The RWD block has
some sort of interference with the pass side halfshaft, if you try
installing one into a FWD vehicle.  Something about the halfshaft
carrier bearing bracket or something.

DemonTSi - Tell your friend to write me or check out http://www.se-r.net
for more info on the SR20DE engine and accessories.  That site also has
a very active mailing list.

Has anyone hacked the SR20DE ECU?  I've never heard of that being done,
although aftermarket ECUs are available for $500 (!).

-Bill the arcstarter
Starting arcs in Cinci, OH
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Hangar/6160