Interchangabily?

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sun Nov 15 14:56:11 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Vance Rose <javer96 at snowcrest.net>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Sunday, November 15, 1998 2:47 AM
Subject: Interchangabily?

>Hi All
> Wanted to use a tpi unit in s-10, but to settle for a tbi. Short on funds.
>Here in northern cal have not found a v-8 tbi. Have found several 4.3 v-6
>units. Wondered if they could be adapted to v-8, thinking mainly about
>throttle body.  Any suggestion or ideas ?

Injectors, and butterflies different.  I don't know if the castings are
the same, so boring it for larger butterflies might not work.
If doing stock SBC use the 350 TBI, If cammed etc., might think
about using a BBC throttle body with larger butterflies/injectors.
In round numbers it's like 4.3/1.6", 5.7/1.8", 7.4/2"
Bruce