Injector Impedance how low can i go...

Stuart Bunning stuart at kenelec.com.au
Mon Nov 16 00:52:59 GMT 1998

I am using a GM 1227808 Aussie ECU.
I want to know what impedance injectors it can drive.
on a V8 we have 8 16ohm injectors in parallel about 2 Ohmn load.

I want to play with a TBI that has 2 injectors which are about 1.8 Ohm each
so if i parallel then up the ecu will see about .9 Ohm.  Will this melt the
ECU ?

I guess I could suck it and see but I don't want to melt my ECU if it can
help it.

I guess what i am asking is what is normal impedance of TBI injectors used
in 808/165's

The TBI i am wanting to play with is off a Aussie FORD EA 6 cylinder Single
point if anyone is interested...

P.S

I don't want to build a external injector driver or modify the ECU.

Thanks
Stuart Bunning..