Injector Impedance how low can i go...

Richard Wakeling kojab at ar.com.au
Mon Nov 16 11:20:56 GMT 1998

Hi Stuart,
	I recently discovered that the "808" seems to have the ability to drive
a couple of low impedence injectors in peek and hold mode. 	There is
provision already on the PCB to use the existing saturation injector
driver in peek and hold mode by,

	   1) Disconnecting the wire D10 at the ECU. This is the injector
driver's ground circuit (source) which goes to engine ground.

           2) Put jumper wire between D9 and D10 on ECU, this will put a
0.1 ohm resistor which is already on the PCB in series with the injector
drivers source and ground. This 0.1 ohm resistor is used to sense
current for Peek & hold.

	I have not tried this wiring modification myself and I would suggest
that a check should be made to see if the injector driver controller
used and  driver mosfets used in the "808" are the same as in the "749"
which has two injector drivers when used for the Sunbird's four low
impedence injectors.

Cheers Richard.