7730 to 7749

tedscj at usa.net tedscj at usa.net
Mon Nov 16 23:53:43 GMT 1998

Hi,
The 7730 on my car just died and since I have to get a new computer anyway, I
thought I might "upgrade" to a 7749.  That way, in the future I can possibly
add a super/turbocharger more easily.  Plus the 749 has already been cracked
by the Sy/Ty guys.
  My engine is a 6cyl using the DIS ign.  I have heard there is a problem with
with code for a distributer based engine working with the DIS modules and
vise/versa.
Also, I can't find a pinout diagram for th 749 anywhere.  Not even in the
Chilton manuals.  In the apropriate manuals they only give pinouts for every
engine EXCEPT the "z" turbo, And in one manual it shows a diagram for this
engine, but shows it being a TBI!  Therefore I am reticent to trust the
pinout.
Does anyone know where I can find a reliable pinout for a 749?
Will a 749 plug right into a 730 harness and work (except for the DIS
problem), since they are practically the same thing anyway? (are they the same
pinout?)
Does anyone know anything about the DIS/Dizzy thing?
I was thinking MAYBE I could get a 749 and plug in my 730 eprom and it might
work.  Is this totally rediculous idea?
TIA
Ted