7730 to 7749

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Tue Nov 17 01:56:29 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: tedscj at usa.net <tedscj at usa.net>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Monday, November 16, 1998 7:14 PM
Subject: 7730 to 7749

For openers is you application MAF, or MAP?.  If MAF then
I don't know if the 749 would support it.  I had tried using a 808
cal inna 730 but turned out it wouldn't run unless loaded 2x into
the memcal.  Are you wanting to run the 730 cal in the 749?.
Are you going to use the 749 initially with a 2 bar MAP?.
  Rather than jumping to the 749, I'd say get a diacom, or some
such tool where you can record all you injector pulse widths,
and do that first.  Maybe buy, and wire in a 2 bar MAP, and
record it's readings to whatever your running now.  Once you
get a really complete fuel/spark table then get a 749 promgrammer
and the misc stuff to do proms, and figure out a 749 prom for
what you have already.
  Even things like type of VSS need considered
Cheers
Bruce

>Hi,
>The 7730 on my car just died and since I have to get a new >computer
anyway, I thought I might "upgrade" to a 7749.  That way, >in the future I
can possibly add a super/turbocharger more easily.  >Plus the 749 has
already been cracked by the Sy/Ty guys.
>  My engine is a 6cyl using the DIS ign.  I have heard there is a >problem
with with code for a distributer based engine working with >the DIS modules
and
>vise/versa.
>Also, I can't find a pinout diagram for th 749 anywhere.  Not even in >the
Chilton manuals.  In the apropriate manuals they only give >pinouts for
every engine EXCEPT the "z" turbo, And in one manual >it shows a diagram for
this engine, but shows it being a TBI!  >Therefore I am reticent to trust
the pinout.
>Does anyone know where I can find a reliable pinout for a 749?
>Will a 749 plug right into a 730 harness and work (except for the >DIS
problem), since they are practically the same thing anyway? (are they the
same pinout?)
>Does anyone know anything about the DIS/Dizzy thing?
>I was thinking MAYBE I could get a 749 and plug in my 730 eprom and it
might work.  Is this totally rediculous idea?