[Re: 7730 to 7749]

tedscj at usa.net tedscj at usa.net
Tue Nov 17 06:13:52 GMT 1998

diy_efi-owner at esl.eng.ohio-state.edu wrote:

> [...]

MAP

> If MAF then

> I don't know if the 749 would support it.  I had tried using a 808

> cal inna 730 but turned out it wouldn't run unless loaded 2x into

> the memcal.  Are you wanting to run the 730 cal in the 749?.

Yes a 6cyl,MAP 730 Memcal in a 749 (just for now to get the car up and
running)

> Are you going to use the 749 initially with a 2 bar MAP?.

No, not with the 730 memcal.

>   Rather than jumping to the 749, I'd say get a diacom, or some

> such tool where you can record all you injector pulse widths,

> and do that first.  Maybe buy, and wire in a 2 bar MAP, and

> record it's readings to whatever your running now.  Once you

> get a really complete fuel/spark table then get a 749 promgrammer

> and the misc stuff to do proms, and figure out a 749 prom for

> what you have already.

>   Even things like type of VSS need considered

> Cheers

> Bruce

The 730 ECM in my car died, so I'm going to have to buy a new ECM either way,
so
I was hoping the 730 Memcal that I have would work in the 749.  I would just
be
replacing my 730 with a 749.  Everything else, Memcal, sensors, harness, etc.
would be the same.

The reason I thought this might be possible is that according to some posts in
the archives, the 749 and 730 are IDENTICAL except for an extra mosfet driver
in
the 749.  Also someone said they got a Promgrammer bin to work in their 730 (I
don't know the application) by loading it above ffff.  Except from what I can
tell (I don't know much about programming)  the bins don't even go that high.
So I don't understand that one.

Long term, I'd like to get the 749 working with the 730 code (for the DIS) and
749 data (from the Promgrammer), and a 2MAP sensor of course! (for
turbocharging purposes!)

But I guess for now, I'll just break down and buy another replacement 730.

thanks,
Ted