www.delphiauto.com.

andy quaas realsquash at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 18 17:20:46 GMT 1998

That's funny noticing that the ECM on that page supports OBD-2 and
other emmisions crap.  Does the IRL use cats and 6 O2 sensors on a
racecar?  I already sent them an e-mail and have not gotten any reply
yet.  And yes, only the big bad company can possibly know how to
control an engine!  I'll bet there's a bunch of those ECMs just laying
around, being used for cup-holders and paper weights.  Geeeez.

Maybe if they just give us the tables in a production ECM we wouldn't
want their new ECM.

Andy Q

---Greg Hermann <bearbvd at sni.net> wrote:

> Response received to an inquiry to Delphi:
>
> In general, our racing products are not available for custom or
low-production
> vehicles because of the high amount of engineering required (they
are mostly
> just available through sponsorships such as our relationship with
the IRL).  I
> have passed your message along to the racing products team though so
that if
> they have some production products that might be suitable they can
contact you
> directly.
>
> Guess they think they are the only ones who know how to do anything.
Let
> your purchasing be guided accordingly! In my mind sponsorship with no
> product available is BS of the first order.
>
> Perhaps a barrage of e-mail from those who have pent up (retained??
:-)