MAP Sensor

Tom Parker tparker at nznet.gen.nz
Wed Nov 18 23:33:29 GMT 1998

Greg Hermann <bearbvd at sni.net> wrote:

>>I'm running a Mini with a sidedraft Dellorto carburettor. Does anyone have
>>any good ideas for attaching a throttle position sensor to such a beast?

>Try using one of the GM remote mount tp sensors, mount it somewhere, and
>use a separate linkage arm to operate it.

Hmmm... in New Zealand, the only common GM cars (that I know of) are Holdens.
I guess I've just got to go to the breakers and look for something that looks
useful.

How do these remote sensors work, are they mounted coaxially with the throttle
shaft, and the shaft is continued out to the sensor?

How do these sensors work, electrically? Is it just a three pin potentiometer
with +ve and ground on each end of the track, and a voltage signal taken from
the wiper? I suppose such a device could easily be made from a pot and a bit
of hardware to mount it on the carb.

Tom Parker - tparker at nznet.gen.nz
           - http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Track/8381/